So what has our 44th President of the United States been up to these past 500 days?1. He inherited a 10.6 Trillion dollar deficit from the previous administration, but he has amassed a 2 Trillion dollar bill himself. Now, some would argue that he had no choice in order to get our economy back on track while other says he is fiscally irresponsible.
2. He battled the entire Republican Congress to pass the 1st major piece of legislation since Pres. Teddy Kennedy. The jury is out on whether this law will ultimately be good for the American people or just a dramatic 24 hour reality show we all watched daily!
3. He has taken the bull by the horns with our conflict in Afghanistan by increasing the number of troops in that region (30,000 more). I still say if the Russians couldn’t win against Afghanistan during their hay day why are we going to try?
4. He set a “get out of town” date for the war in Iraq. (Aug. 2010)
5. He established a Nuclear Arms reduction Pact with Russia
6. He’s managed to piss off the one country who loved our dirty “you know what”….Israel
7. He helped pass the “equal pay for women’s act.
8. He appointed Supreme Ct. Justice Sonia Sotomayor and nominated another Elena Kagan
9. He has his own Louisiana crisis (and it’s not a hurricane) with BP Oil spill…
Wow! All this in less than 2 years! Is it me or have you noticed that our President has much more gray hair than he once did? I’m curious, how would you grade the President? What do you think the next 2 years will be like? And do you think he will do enough to win a second term?